Thursday, February 07, 2008

Romney suspends campaign

Mitt Romney has just given the best speech I have heard. Filled with passionate oratory, he annnounced his decision to suspend his campaign for our party and our country:

If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror.

It was a great speech. Apparently, atypical of his stump speeches. Too bad, but I suppose it was part of learning how to communicate to voters. Better luck during the next election cycle.

Tag: Trackposted to Pirate's Cove, Outside the Beltway, Rosemary's Thoughts, Right Truth, and The Yankee Sailor, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

No comments: