Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Things a little tense over at the White House?

Gibbs: Poll like a six-year-old

A Gallup poll on Tuesday reported O’s approval rating has dropped to 47 percent.  With the possible exception of Bill Clinton, this is the lowest value in recent times for a president at this point in his first term. [link]

When questioned, White House press secretary, Robert Gibbs, had this to say:

"I tell you, if I was a heart patient and Gallup was my EKG, I'd visit my doctor," Gibbs said. "If you look back, I think five days ago, there was an 11-point spread, now there's a 1-point spread. I mean, I'm sure a 6-year-old with a crayon could do something not unlike that. I don't put a lot of stake in, never have, in the EKG that is the daily Gallup trend."

Seems like the boys over at the White House are a little tense these days.

One would think these results would be taken as a hint that a change of course was in order.  After all, Gallup has a seventy-year history behind them.  But, I doubt that such a thought has, or will, cross the mind of this president.

No comments: